Christmas Cake Pops Idea
This post contains affiliate links. I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases, at no extra cost to you. Read the full disclosure here.
Last Updated on 14th May 2022 by Vicki
Hi all, this weekend I had fun making these cheeky Christmas cake pops! They were so fun to make, deciding on what facial expressions to create. This post gives an insight into how I decorated the cake pops to look like Christmas puddings. These cake pops were covered in toffee flavoured Fun Cake Deco Melts.
After I coated the cake pops with the candy melts, I left them to set. When they were fully set, I began decorating them.
Christmas Pudding Topping
I cut out shapes in white fondant using my wavy edged cutter.
Using my fingers, I gently pulled out some of the edges to make them look more like drips.
I placed the fondant on top of the cake pop, making sure it was attached all the way round.
To make the holly, I rolled out some green flower paste and used a holly plunger cutter to cut out the shapes.
If you have time, you could place the holly on spoons and leave them to dry. They will then set in different positions so each one will look different on your cake pops.
I used a little vodka to glue the holly onto the cake pop, and then stuck some tiny balls of red fondant in the middle for berries.
To make the faces, I played around using black, red and pink fondant. Rolling little balls for eyes and cheeks and tubes for the mouths. If the pieces didn’t stay on the cake pop, I used a little vodka to help it stick.
That’s it! An easy Christmas cake pops idea, that’s both fun and festive! I hope you enjoyed reading about how I made them. Below is a list of the items that I used to make them, including affiliate links.
- PME Wavy Edge Cutters : https://tidd.ly/3rU1LRZ
- PME Holly Cutter : https://tidd.ly/3lQaHqk (These come in a set of two, I used the smaller one for these cake pops.)
- Cake Pop Sticks : https://tidd.ly/37upRtd
- Fun Cakes Deco Melts Toffee Flavour : https://tidd.ly/2VIg3JB
- Renshaw’s Flower and Modelling Paste in Leaf Green : https://tidd.ly/3ActTCy
- Renshaw Poppy Red Fondant : https://tidd.ly/3s3UQ8Q
- Renshaw White Fondant : https://tidd.ly/2XavbQy
- Saracino Modelling Paste in Fuchsia : https://tidd.ly/2VakwVr ( I only used this because I had it, you could just make pink by mixing a tiny bit of red fondant to the white. It does not need to be modelling paste.)
- Renshaw Black Fondant : https://tidd.ly/3jKf7fI
Pin To Pinterest
If you liked this tutorial why not pin it and save it for later? Tap or hover over the image below and hit the Pin It button! All posts and tutorials are also added to Pinterest, which you can follow here.