How To Make A Hello Kitty Cake Topper
This post contains affiliate links. I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases, at no extra cost to you. Read the full disclosure here.
Last Updated on 14th March 2023 by Vicki
Hi everyone, today I am going to show you how to make a Hello Kitty cake topper. I made this topper purely for fun. Who doesn’t love Hello Kitty? She just makes you smile 😊
I made my Hello Kitty from modelling paste. Modelling paste is firmer than normal ready to roll icing and sets much harder. This is much easier to model with and makes the finished topper much less fragile. The white and black modelling paste were premade. I didn’t have any pink modelling paste, so I made my own from pink sugarpaste and then added CMC powder to it. CMC powder is useful if you need small amounts of modelling paste. You just knead a little into your existing sugarpaste/ready to roll fondant and then you get modelling paste. I always have a tub in the cupboard. As usual, there’s a list of all the items used to make this cake topper, at the bottom of this post.
How To Make A Hello Kitty Cake Topper Video Tutorial
So that’s how I made my Hello Kitty cake topper! I really hope that you found the tutorial useful. If you make her, please don’t forget to tag me in photos on any of my socials! I would really love to see them.
Items Used To Make My Hello Kitty Cake Topper
Below is a list of all the items that I used in this tutorial.
- Renshaw White Flower and Modelling Paste : https://tidd.ly/3Xu6edv
- The Modelling Paste in Black Vanilla : https://tidd.ly/3uqt3Bn
- Renshaw Fuchsia Pink Ready To Roll Fondant : https://tidd.ly/3Xo3nSt
- CMC Powder : https://amzn.to/3JE4rha
- Candy Stick
- Clear Alcohol
- Dresden Tool :https://tidd.ly/3JjuKZG
- Ball Tool : https://tidd.ly/3U9maPo
- Clean Brush : https://tidd.ly/3F65dQB
- Needle Tool : https://tidd.ly/41eMmNr
- Bone Tool : https://tidd.ly/41Q3QQi
- FMM Knife and Scriber Tool : https://amzn.to/40alugh
- PME Wavy Edge Cutter ( I used the small one in this tutorial) : https://tidd.ly/3BxJsrZ
- Small Knife
Above are affiliate links, where I may earn a small commission if you purchase via them. This is at no extra cost to you, but allows me to keep writing this tutorial blog. Thank you so much for your support.
Pin To Pinterest
If you found this tutorial useful, why not save it for later? Tap or hover over the image below and hit the Pin It button! All posts and tutorials are also always added to Pinterest, which you can follow here.