How To Make Knitting and Sewing Themed Cupcakes
This post contains affiliate links. I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases, at no extra cost to you. Read the full disclosure here.
Last Updated on 6th March 2023 by Vicki
Hi everyone, today’s tutorials shows how to make these knitting and sewing themed cupcake toppers. I made these cupcakes for my mum’s birthday. She took up knitting over lockdown and has made some pretty cool things for my girls. So very apt that I should make her these knitting themed cupcakes! I hope you like them.
As usual, these toppers were made with white Renshaw Flower and Modelling Paste. I created the colours using food colouring paste and gels. A link to all the items that I used can be found at the bottom of this post. I cut out white circles of modelling paste the day before to give them time to dry out. That way I had a base to work on when making the toppers.
To make the tutorials easier to follow, I’ve split them up into the two categories, knitting and sewing.
How To Make Knitting Themed Cupcake Toppers
I loved making the ball of wool and knitting cupcake toppers. I’m happy to say, that no special tools are required to make the knitting effect either.
In the video tutorial below I share how I made the ball of wool and knitting needle cupcake and the cupcake topper.
It’s worth mentioning that when I made the knitting cupcake topper, I wound the modelling paste away from me both times. This is because I found there was a natural way for me to wind and trying the other way was harder. That’s is why I start from one end and then the other, as I feel that this is easier.
How To Make Sewing Themed Cupcake Toppers
In the video tutorial below, I share how to make the cotton reel, buttons and tape measure cupcake toppers.
So that’s how I made my knitting and sewing themed cupcakes. I really hope that you found the tutorial useful.
Please do tag me in photos on any of my socials if you make these toppers. Also, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me in the comments section at the bottom of this post. If you would like to take a look at my other themed cupcake toppers, then click here.
Items Used To Make My Knitting And Sewing Themed Cupcakes
Below is a list of items that I used to make these cupcakes. Also included are affiliate links, where I may earn a small commission if you purchase via them. This is at no extra cost to you, but allows me to keep writing this tutorial blog. Thank you so much for your support.
- White Renshaw Flower and Modelling Paste : https://tidd.ly/3Xu6edv
- Hot Pink Food Colouring Paste by PME : https://tidd.ly/41iVOPJ
- Ocean Blue Food Colouring Paste by PME : https://tidd.ly/3lWeFQD
- Old Gold Food Colouring Paste by PME : https://tidd.ly/3lZtlOZ
- Rainbow Dust ProGel in Yellow : https://tidd.ly/3k1A0H7
- Sugarflair Graphite Food Colouring Paste : https://tidd.ly/3KxQDFJ
- Edible Pen : https://tidd.ly/40vTZ1I
- Clear Alcohol
- Small Rolling Pin : https://tidd.ly/3XQMgZl
- Ball Tool : https://tidd.ly/3U9maPo
- Flute and Vein Tool : https://amzn.to/3kkovex
- Knife and Scriber Tool : https://amzn.to/3YQ3cAs
- Clean Brush : https://tidd.ly/3F65dQB
- Small Circle Cutter : https://tidd.ly/3BxJsrZ
- Needle Tool : https://tidd.ly/41eMmNr
- Cake Smoother : https://tidd.ly/3CGMJpk
Pin To Pinterest
If you liked this tutorial, then why not save it for later? Hover or tap on the image below and hit Pin It button! All tutorials and post are saved to Pinterest, which you can follow here.